Wednesday, July 12, 2006

How It All Started

We got to know each other at University when we both joined the same ECA - Archery. As all boring love stories go, we did not become the best of buddies in that one year of friendship. Well, we had little in common. Du was in his final year in his Engineering course while I was just in my "freshman" year at the School of Accountancy & Business. Nothing exciting, as we were never quite attracted by each other. However, my impression of Du was that he does look like Robinhood during training - maybe because of his concentration and stance. Other than that, he just looked like all the other boring Engineering students from his faculty.

Needless to say, we saw little of each other after that year, as he had graduated and I continued my course as well as my partying days. :)

Call it fate. We kinda met again during an Archery gathering and exchanged namecards. He was outstation in Germany and I had joined a German business solutions company. As we were both from the IT industry, there were some things to talk about and we emailed each other every once in a while. Of course, the emails became more and more frequent. Maybe because it was boring staying all alone in Germany, and maybe because there were few people from my school days whom I could relate to about work. Slowly, we moved on to sending phone messages and instant messaging through the Yahoo medium. Talk about technology being instrumental in our relationship. :P

Soon, we were meeting up whenever he comes back to Singapore (which was once every 3 or 4 months), and it all started after we attended a musical (Riverdance) together in end of 2000. Come to think of it, it's been more than 6 years!!! And I still thank my lucky stars each time I think of how we got together. It would never had been possible, if it were not for my guardian angels. And I still love him very much despite our occasional quarrels and conflicts of opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home